Iceland - day 6

Saturday (the 28th), I took Marius for a day trip for an early birthday present. It was an 11 hour excursion which included a soak in a hot spring, some waterfalls, and a hike on a glacier. The guide had some intersting stories and we even saw the infamous volcano that erupted in 2010 (and nearly ruined our Thailand trip). 

It was a pricey trip, but for me it was worth it since our guide could tell us more about the eruption and the glacier, as well as some Icelandic history.

Oh and a big thing to mention - the weather was FANTASTIC!

--> a geyser on the way to the hot spring
--> he was excited to warm up in the river

--> the glacier we walked on; looked dirty due to all of the ash

Comments

  1. Great pics and what a tour! Gassy lassy!!! I hate it when volcanoes interfere with my travels...jeesh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove