Beautiful Day

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day! The sun was piercing my eyes since I forgot to close my blinds last night and my room was lit up. It was a good way to start the morning though. I got to talk to Marius and his best friend Martin back in Norway. They were watching a soccer game on tv and said one of the best parts of the game was watching a guy get hit in the "croutch" with the ball. I then had to help them practice saying "crotch"...so funny!

It's so nice out today that I hope I can concentrate on studying. The whole weekend it was pouring rain and I didn't get out of the apartment much during the day. But I can't enjoy the weather too much because I have an exam for Comparative Animal Biology on Thursday! Time is flying by so fast, it's hard to believe I'm already into my fourth week at uni.

I have been keeping up with my gym routine. The cold is mostly gone but now my voice is also gone. My friend Ron celebrated his 29th birthday (the old fart) on Saturday. We were all packed into this tiny flat and it was hard to hear each other since we were all kind of yelling. I managed to bump into two Canadian guys, one from near London, Ontario and the other from Stratford. They were nice and we made fun of each other.

I've been listening to this group called Sigur Ros (an Icelandic group) a lot lately. Marius introduced me to them last semester but I kind of forgot about them until it came up on my iPod a couple weeks ago. I just keep listening to songs on youtube...check them out!


Fish story of the day: Back in the 1950s, there was a lot of research conducted on the circulatory system of fish. A scientist in England shipped a special box that he made to get his latest specimen. Turns out the box was too small for the shark that was caught. The tail was then chopped off and later discovered that the shark had two hearts - one in the anterior end and another at the posterior where the tail was.

Picture 1: the sunrise this morning
Picture 2: today's beautiful weather, view from my room


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove