I never feel earthquakes


New Zealand has been hit by numerous earthquakes and the news sometimes reports that they can be felt in Auckland, but I cannot say that I have felt a single one in my two years of living here. Early this morning (around 4AM) 5.9 magnitude quake hit near Taupo and it could even be felt in Christchurch! It had to have been felt in Auckland then since it's a 4 hour drive to Taupo. I want to feel one before I leave and see a tsunami, we had several tsunami warnings last year and I want to be on the beach when they predict it to take a video because every single time it wasn't nearly as large as they say it will be.

Earthquake strikes near Taupo

Comments

  1. I like what you've done to the blog! it looks great. by the way - we just got the postcard you sent on Dec 2!! thanks for thinking of us! It's 16 degrees and snowing here - enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove