First rainy day in a while.

Have a day off from work today and it's raining. Yesterday I worked from 8AM til 6:30PM and of course it was a beautiful day that I missed out on. The forecast today shows rain with a high of 20 degrees C. It's fairly humid as well. So I guess today is a good day to clean up the apartment.

Christmas was definitely not what I was used to and it made me a little bit homesick. I worked Christmas Eve for 11 hours and when I got home I finished baking sugar cookies and made some oyster stew while I had "It's a Wonderful Life" playing on my laptop. My flatmates had disappeared for the night, so I went up to St.Paul's Anglican church on Symonds Street for mass at 11. I was there alone, but I managed to sit next to a nice lady who was also there alone.

The service had the same carols as the service that we have at the cathedral in Detroit; however, the lyrics to "Angels We Have Heard On High" were different. Instead of singing "Gloria" they sing "Come and worship." It's kind of creepy. I managed to have two Asian guys to my left that night and "Oh, Holy Night" was turned into "Oh, Hory Night." Classic.

The next morning I had a very entertaining Skype session with Mom, Dad, Carolyn and the grandparents. It made my day. Then a few of us headed over to Mission Bay for an afternoon on the beach. The water was perfect temperature and it was a relaxing day. Sadly, I didn't get around to taking any pictures.

Work is the same as usual. Crabby post-Christmas customers and new boat loads of internationals. At the end of the day I just think about the money. And in about 11 days Marius arrives for a month-long visit away from the Norwegian winter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove