Hugs and kisses to my dear Grandma Joyce

This is dedicated to my loving Grandma Joyce. It is so hard being on the other side of the world and finding out that a family member passed away. She was always so happy and made us all laugh. She taught me how to swim and gave me my sweet tooth. I'll always remember how she had her bag of gummy bears and after dinner she'd have a row of gummy bears on her tv tray for dessert. Every week when I talk to my parents I always look forward to the updates about Grandma Joyce. She loved a good scotch at the end of the day. One of the toughest and most inspiring women I will ever have known. I love you, Grandma. "Have a happy forever."

I will forever miss her singing "Happy Birthday" to me.
The song (we think) she always played on the piano: Tenderly

Some Grandma-isms:
-One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...all God's children go to heaven.
-Have a happy forever.
-Hugs and kisses!
-I don't like reading very much.
-[Having broccoli with dinner] What's this? (Jan: It's broccoli) Hmm, I don't think I've had this before.
-Ya think so huh?
- Gassy lassy!

If family can think of more, please post them as comments and I'll add them to the post. It would be nice to have them saved. I hope she got to read my postcard.

Comments

  1. Here's a song that I feel fits the moment. It's kind of sad, but it comforts me. The lyrics are great. It's Throwing Coins, by Jeff Pianki (local Milford muscisian):

    Ageless dreamer,
    I won't wake you up.
    Mother's crying,
    all surrounded in love,
    and your father
    held his head in his hands,
    dries her eyes off,
    starts to shake as he stands.

    Helpless heartbreak,
    lost inside of yourself,
    made your bones ache,
    throwing coins in the well.

    Yours is not a new face.
    I was such an old friend.
    I'm believing for my soul's sake,
    that you'll never hear me talking.
    Life is but a short fate,
    and leaving is a hard thing.
    I'm dreaming of a new place
    where I can hear you laughing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week on M/S Brennholm

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

Smalahove