Syttende Mai

Yesterday I celebrated Norwegian National Day (Syttende Mai or 17 Mai)...well, I tried to.

I managed to miss the parade, the best part! I was on the bus trying to meet Carl and Vegard, but I didn't know where I was supposed to get off, so I saw some girls with Norwegian flags and got off the bus. I asked them if I could tag along to get to the meeting place. Turned out they didn't know where they were going and once Carl texted me the location I had to lead us in the opposite direction to get us there as fast as we could. When I go there everyone was really dressed up, girls in dresses, guys in suits. Most important of all, they all had a Norwegian flag. After getting some pictures of my friends and seeing what it was all about I walked back to campus for studying and lectures.

For dinner I went over to Øystein's flat and he made a Norwegian variation of meat balls and onion gravy, with a side of potatoes and carrots. For dessert I made riskrem (rice cream). We had Øystein sing the national anthem for us before we ate and then while the dessert was chilling we played cards (Norwegian,m of course!).

It was a nice day and I'm looking forward to my next Syttende Mai with Marius!

[Riskrem]




Norwegian National Anthem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUtiIMZIVOU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove