First camping trip this year

Last weekend Pancho and I went camping with my friend Idar. Friday night we just went up to the mountains behind my place and found a nice spot for the tent by a lake that Pancho and I walk around often. We tested some camp food that I got from Garage Grown Gear, and took some pictures for the review. Probably the best dehydrated meal I have ever tried camping. 

On Saturday morning we packed up and drove south towards Hardangerfjord. We hiked into a valley that led to a lake that is fed with melting water from the Folgefonna glacier called Bondhusvatnet. There were large stone tables and in the middle of the lake were some posts where I could hang my hammock. This place was by far the most picturesque camping spot I think I have ever been to with 360 degrees of amazing mountain views. It stayed light in the sky til after midnight! 

We woke up pretty warm in the tent from the sun beating down. Forgetting it was a public holiday, we had forgotten to buy breakfast food and had to drive to Odda for pizza for lunch. We picked up some supplies from a gas station and headed back to camp to start a hike. We hiked up one of the sides of the valley. A zig-zag path that was at one time used by horses to transport goods up to the farm. When we got to the top there were some patches of snow for Pancho to cool off and we met some retirees who had skied from Odda and over the glacier. It was really impressive! 

We headed back down and I took a dip in the lake before we made a fire and grilled hotdogs for dinner. The water was freezing, colder than Lake Superior, and so it was just a dip. However, the next morning I took another dip and swam around a little bit. We even dipped Pancho in to try to make him swim, but he still needs some practice. Pancho was exhausted from a long weekend of camping, but we had a blast and the weather was perfect! We're already looking forward to our next excursion when I get back from sea at the beginning of June. 

All ready for a weekend of camping and testing out goods from Garage Grown Gear!

Taking pictures for product review - the camp food was really good!

I think Idar wanted to camp up on the mountain.

Lounging in my hammock in the middle of a lake full of glacier water. What a view!!

Awesome view in the morning from Bondhusvatnet

Hiked up to an area that was previously a farm, now it is a cabin. People skied across the glacier. Crazy people.

Pancho was a very happy puppy and a camping champ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove