Wonderful Tromsø

M.Ytterstad
We pulled into the so-called "Paris of the north" - Tromsø, on Friday night, and it was great to see land again. The views from the boat were pretty amazing.

Saturday we moved everything from our boat onto another boat that would take the gear and samples back to Bergen. We were pretty efficient so I was able to walk around town as well as take a nice long hike.

The weather was of course perfect for a long hike, and after a bit of research I opted for the popular trip up Fløya (671 meters above sea level). I ran from the boat and up a fair amount of trail before halting to a fast walk. It was really warm in the sun, and I was on cloud nine.

After a long sleep I had a light breakfast before we had to all catch a taxi to our plane. We flew directly from Tromsø to Bergen, and I was greeted at the luggage carousel by Marius.

It was a good survey, though, occasionally uneventful due to how the stations and our work shifts lined up. On Thursday I'm flying to Oslo to pick up Pancho and we'll have a weekend in Geilo for more hiking. Next sea excursion is in September!




Cruising into Tromsø

Awesome trails for running and stretching my legs - ran a 14km loop

View from the top

View of Tromsø from where the cable car comes up

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove