I finally have an update worth blogging about

I got a new job! My dream job! (At least my dream job for now). I accepted a permanent position at the Institute of Marine Research with the Pelagic research group. I did my Master's project with the Pelagic group and had a lot of fun on two summer research cruises. I'll be going out on surveys multiple times a year getting to work with a variety of species, and probably see some whales!

Today I gave my notice to my boss. I was very nervous about it because he has been a fantastic boss. Super flexible, not overbearing and very nice to work for. So it was with a heavy heart that I went to his office today. Carol (the woman who started it all for me at the Sars Center) was also informed, and I was very grateful to both of them for giving me such an opportunity to build my resume. It will be sad, but this new job is exactly what I have been waiting for and I can't wait to put what I studied into practice.

Additional news, there are only 50 more days until Marius and I get married in Grand Rapids! It will be a great time, but it is quite surreal for me since I'm so distant from the actual event in terms of location. We're really looking forward to it. Pancho will stay with our breeder and have a little family reuinion of his own with his mom and brother.

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day and Happy Easter from Pancho (soon 10 months old)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove