Whangarei Fieldtrip

Just spent five days at Whangarei Heads (about 2.5 hours north of Auckland) for a marine ecology focused field trip. Each day we had to do an experiment on the intertidal shore/beach and then that night we'd write a report and get it critiqued so that the final one we produce in May is better than if we hadn't had the sessions. We had some bad and good weather, but the great food made up for it in the end. Coming in from a 4 hours of working on the rocky intertidal with the wind and rain wasn't bad at all when we got to sit down with a bowl of freshly made soup and biscuit. With the free time I also managed to knit my first pair of mittens!! I'm very proud of them and can't wait to test them Thursday on the Tongariro Crossing --- supposed to have some snow down there. I'll be sure to post pictures of the hike. I hope I have a couple hours to spare to climb to the top of Mt. Doom (for all you Lord of the Rings fans out there).

[Hat and mittens that I knitted this week]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancho is 6 months and I'm finally published!

This week on M/S Brennholm

Smalahove